In 1950, the Western Association made a very unexpected move when the New York Giants pulled their long standing team out of Ft. Smith Arkansas' Andrews Field, and moved them to Enid Oklahoma. The new Enid Giants began play in what was known as City Park or Enid Baseball Park, becoming the first professional team to ever utilize this ballfield.