SPAR Stadium began hosting professional baseball in 1938 when it joined the Texas League for the first time. It would serve as a Texas League home on and off for a total of 35 years. The team would be known as the Shreveport Sports. They would begin their life in the league as a co-op but within a year, they had landed the Chicago White Sox as an affiliation. From 1940-1941 the team returned to co-op status but still had a strong relationship with the Chisox, and in 1942 again became their official affiliation.