While 26 years of dedication may seem like a lot, it was no match for the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals began playing at Al Lang in 1938. They took a break in 1942 to play at Cairo Illinois (due to travel restrictions from the war), and then came back to play here from 1946 til 1997. Now that's loyalty!