Whittington Park (aka Ban Johnson Park) was born in 1894 as a replacement to the old Hot Springs Baseball Grounds which came before it. This little ballpark would go on to host more Spring Training Baseball than any other ballpark in the country during its time here. Hot Springs was indeed a hot bed of exhibition spring baseball and many felt that this area served to, not only keep players relaxed, loose and somewhat warm in March... but its thermal vents and springs were considered an organic tool... providing a beneficial health aide for keeping players well and fit to play 150+ games worth of baseball.