Photograph Courtesy of Fred Sagebaum, property of the Museum of Idaho.
The Pirates came to town in 1959, followed by the White Sox in 1960 and 1961. The Yankees made a triumphant and brief return for 1962 and 1963 changing the name of the team to the Idaho Falls Yankees, before the California Angels finally put an end to this gypsy team. The Angels settled in here at Highland Park in 1964 and remained right through the fire and rebuild for a total of 18 years at Idaho Falls. The team was renamed the Idaho Falls Angels. Their 12 years was the longest tenure for any team at Highland Park.