When Portsmouth's FDL Stadium was built, the town already had a working facility called Sewanee Stadium (aka Washington Street Park) located on Washington Street between Lincoln and Henry. It had been in use since 1921, and it was very much still a viable ballpark. With a new stadium now activated and the old one still in use, the Portsmouth Cubs of the Piedmont League (a Chicago Cubs franchise) began playing a split season… ½ of the games were played at Sewanee and the other half here at F.D.L.