The original stadium shown above was built in 1954 was nearly triple the size of the new Apodaca Stadium II (which has a capacity of 900), but instead of shoring up the old stadium and replacing all of the wooden slats and steel supports, the city thought it would be safer to build an entirely new ballpark out of aluminum.