Notice underneath the grandstand, there is a row of "luxury boxes", in which the field is eye level. Recreation Park was expanded significantly in 1915 when the Seals returned from Ewing Field and it was decided that the Ewing experiment was a "bust".
While there are dozens of photographs of Ewing Field used only for the 1914 season, there are barely any of Recreation Park used for several decades. We'ld welcome anyone who may have photographs of this great old ballpark, or any other now demolished stadium.