Photograph courtesy of The Stearns History Museum
Municipal Stadium (aka Rox Park) was finished in time for the 1948 season, and the relatively new St. Cloud Rox Northern League team moved into their new home. The Class C (Single-A) Rox had signed a long term Player Development Contract (PDC) with the New York Giants, when they joined the Northern League 2 years earlier in 1946. At that time, the team was still playing in a temporary ballpark known as Eastman Park.