In 1936, the Fargo-Moorhead Twins moved across the border from Moorhead Ballpark in Moorhead Minnesota to Barnett Field in Fargo North Dakota. Barnett Field was part of the Works Progress Administration program that was building ballparks all over this country, trying to give jobs to the many unemployed veterans of the depression. The new ballpark would house the F-M Twins who had been playing for the Northern League under the umbrella of the Cleveland Indians. The Twins were one of the first teams to ever have an affiliate, and the first team to receive one in the Northern League