Upon completion of the roof in 1947, "Minot fielded a baseball team named the Merchants that played against teams around North Dakota, Minnesota and Canada. They also played against barnstorming teams that visited North Dakota." states Bill Guenthner of minot mallards.com. "Their objective was to put together a quality team that could compete in the North Dakota amateur baseball team in August 1947. Minot already had another amateur team named the Legionnaires. In order to qualify for the State amateur tournament, a team had to win in a league of at least four teams. So the Merchants and Legionnaires encouraged the formation of two additional teams and the Roxs and the Bears were organized forming the four team “Twilight League”.