Most photographs in this collection are courtesy of Larry Klug
and appear from either the Tim Jefferies collection, the Dennis Goldstein collection or courtesy of author
C.H. Foertmeyer's
The outfield of Crosley Field underwent many changes throughout the years. Larry Klug shows us through the Tim Jefferies collection that on opening day in 1950, centerfield was dominated by a very short fence and a very large warehouse building, that for years was one of the trademarks of Crosley Field (and perhaps where Camden Yards got some inspiration)