By 1958, Bowman Field was back in business. The Philadelphia Phillies announced that they were moving their Double-A franchise out of Schenectedy New York's McNearney Stadium and to Williamsport. The Phillies signed a 5 year PDC and by 1960, actually found themselves in the playoffs almost every season. By 1960, they were declared co-champions of the Eastern League, their first title since 1934! There was also some talent on the club including Dick Allen (32 2B, 20 HR, .329)