The new 1942 Pittsfield Electrics were granted their first official affiliation as the team became the Class C home of the Detroit Tigers. WWII would put the league on hiatus until 1946, when the Electrics returned as members of the Cleveland Indians Organization. The Electrics would change their name to the Pittsfield Indians in 1949 but remain with the Cleveland organization for 5 strong years until 1951 when they switched their PDC to the Philadelphia Phillies. They would only remain with the Phillies for one season as the Can-Am League halted operations after 1951. Professional baseball wouldn't return to Wahconah Park until 1965.