Bob Brown - Bottom Row - 3rd from Left
In 1910, Bob Brown came to town and bought 60% of the Vancouver Beavers (as they were now known) as they continued to play in
Recreation Park. Brown realized however that if his team was ever going to become a truly successful venture, this location would not suit the team on a permanent basis. In 1912, Brown announced that he would be taking his Championship winning Northwestern League and moving it to a brand new stadium which he himself, would find the property for (and even clear the grounds of) himself.