Robison Field opened as "New Sportsman's Park" in 1893, on a property located at Natural Bridge thanks in part to a deal with the Trolley company. The trolley passed right by this open lot, and a new ballpark on the line would increase ridership on the trolley, while a the ballpark would benefit from having good quality transportation lines. The St. Louis Cardinals (who were in 1893 still known as the St. Louis Browns no relation to the American League team) would make this their home field for 27 years until finally becoming roommates with the American' League St. Louis Browns, at Sportsman's Park in 1920. The ballpark originally sat 14,500 fans but would soon reach a maximum capacity of 21,000. *wiki