...she and all of the history was gone. It all began back in 1940 when Goodland Field was first completed. Appleton placed a new team into the Wisconsin State League, which itself was a brand new league. The team would be called the Appleton Papermakers and they would play as a co-op team for the first season (finishing in dead last), before landing their first ever affiliation, as they became the Class D home of the Cleveland Indians in 1941.