The grand opening of Bronc Stadium in 1947 (when it was then still simply known as High School Baseball Park) meant a return of baseball to this region for the first time in 5 years since Big Spring played at the old Roberts Field (aka Hutch Field, Barons Park) on the corner of West 5th and San Antonio. That ballpark built in 1938 would be home to the West Texas-New Mexico League from 1938 until 1942 when it fell into disrepair.