It was called the KOM League ... short for Kansas - Oklahoma - Missouri League. When it first started, it fielded only 6 teams... played on Miami's Fairgrounds and Bartlesville's Bill Doenges Stadium from Oklahoma, Carthage's Carl Lewton Stadium from Missouri and Iola's Riverview Stadium, Pittsburg's JayCee Park and Chanute's Katy Park from Kansas. In 1947, Independence Kansas added Shultis Stadium while Ponca City Oklahoma added Conoco Park to the roster, making it an 8 team league. Blackwell Oklahoma's Morgan Field would finally join in 1952.