Wiedenmayer's Park and his empire may have lay in ruins, but the ballpark would be rebuilt in 1926 of sturdy steel and concrete. The new ballpark was called David's Stadium but would be quickly renamed Ruppert Stadium using the same ballfield as Wiedenmayer Park (The photograph on the previous page is from 1934's Ruppert Stadium configuration). Ruppert Stadium would go on to host the International League's Newark Bears and Newark's Negro League Indians and Eagles until 1949. George Wiedenmayer's great grandson Chris Wiedenmayer recently rebuilt his great grandfathers brewery and is once again a famed microbrewer in Newark New Jersey.