Wiedenmayer's Park would host the International League's Newark Indians from 1908 to 1916 and then the Newark Bears from 1917 until 1918. In 1919, the team moved to Harrison Field (Peppers Park) in Harrison New Jersey. Wiedenmayer's Park would burn to the ground in 1925 much the way the rest of the Wiedenmayer empire would come crashing down, as prohibition shut down his beloved brewery. Within a year however, the ballpark would be rebuilt and renamed David's Stadium aka Ruppert Stadium using the same ballfield as Wiedenmayer Park (This photograph is from 1934. Ruppert Stadium would host the Newark Bears and Newark's Negro League Indians and Eagles until 1949.