Wiedenmayer's Park began hosting the International League in 1902 (then known as the Eastern League). This is the same International League that still exists today which is still home to the top "Triple-A" Minor League teams in country. The first team to call Wiedenmayer's Park home was the Newark Sailors. They would play from 1902 to 1907. It was during this time that Major League Baseball would come to visit Newark New Jersey.