The Yankees left in 1967 for Syracuse's MacArthur Stadium. The MudHens quickly found a replacement however in their old acquaintance, the Detroit Tigers. The Tigers had just finished up a 4 year stint at MacArthur Stadium, and with the Yankees coming in, were looking for a place to play their Triple-A team. The Tigers return to a MudHens uniform marked the 3rd time in their history that they had placed a team in this city. They had previously played at Swayne Field for the American Association from 1937-1939 and from 1949-1951.