With this 2nd venture into Ottawa, the International League had the pleasure of playing in a baseball only stadium, and not a converted football / soccer facility. Historic Lansdowne Park had been utilized as Ottawa's previous home to professional baseball. Back in the 1940's and 1950's, Lansdowne Stadium had an oval shaped grandstand which the baseball diamond barely retrofit itself into. The oval section has since been demolished, and there are now just two long double-decked football stands on each side of the gridiron.