Coca Cola Park
Home of the
Professional baseball began in the Lehigh Valley at the old fairgrounds grandstand which doubled as a ballpark for the Eastern League (Class B and not related to today’s Double-A farm system). The Allentown Buffaloes used this ballpark from 1929 until 1932 and again with the NY-Penn League from 1935-1936. A new ballpark was then built off of Market Street and named Fairview Field which became the hub of professional baseball for the Interstate League from 1939-1947 peaking at over 85,000 in attendance per season.