Waterfront Park would last 25 solid years as a Spring Training haven before being torn down to become, what would be known as Al Lang Field. Lang was more "solidly" built and was able to withstand living so close to the waterline. Al Lang Field would survive from 1946 until 1977 when it was torn down to become today's Progress Energy Park (built 1977)... which would be home to the Cardinals, Mets and Devil Rays. All three ballparks stood in this same footprint utilizing this same field, though the Waterfront Park stood a little further
back then where Al Lang would sit... a few hundred feet into what is now Progress Energy Park's parking lot. The infield and outfield of Waterfront Park was where the actual stadium grandstand sits today.