After a 5 years had passed, baseball returned to Payne Park in 1933. The stadium began to take its next configuration, and really could be called Payne Park II at this point. The Grandstand now had a covered back which became a sign for the Boston Red Sox. The grandstand was deeper, and the overhang longer to cover the extra seating. It was still a very modest ballpark however, as most of the seating was bleacher type down the lines.