The Evangeline League served as a Class D league until 1948 when it switched to a Class C until 1957. From the moment it began in 1934 until its final days in 1957, Bringhurst Field was the centerpiece of the league and throughout its history, its team would always be known as the Aces. With the exception of its suspension for the years of WWII, this ballpark is what kept that well storied Evangeline League afloat throughout. When the Aces first took the field in 1934, they would be playing against other Louisiana based teams in Lafayette, Jeanrette, Opelousas, Rayne and New Iberia with Abbeville and Lake Charles being added full time in 1935. The soon to be 8 team league was very competitive and while most Alexandria Aces franchises played as co-ops, they would have a few Major League affiliations sprinkled in.