Utica had been a hotbed for baseball until 1924 when the NY-Penn League's (and the New York State League's) Utica Utes last took the field but it had been a long 15 years since pro ball had been played here. It is also doubtful that this was the ballpark that the Utes had utilized during the end of their tenure. Upon arrival here at Braves Field, the ballpark was spruced up quite a bit including the installation of Lighting directly from GE in Schenectady. In fact most of the photographs in this series come from General Electric's post installation photographs which are always some of the best old baseball stadium photographs in existence. Special thanks to Chris Hunter and Steven L.J. Russo of the Schenectady Museum and Science Center for sending us all of their photographs from the GE baseball stadium lighting installation collection.