In 1948, the Central League returned and the Muskegon Clippers played as affiliates of the Chicago White Sox for 2 seasons. In 1950, that affiliation switched to the New York Yankees. The Clippers would continue to play for the Central League until the league folded for the last time at the end of the 1951 season. After a year of no professional baseball, the AAGPBL returned for one final season in 1953, this time named the Muskegon Belles. The All Girls Professional Baseball League would also soon fold ending professional baseball at Marsh Field.