The Michigan State League started up again after a 30 year absence and Muskegon would be one of the teams to call this league home. This new version of the Muskegon Reds were now fully affiliated with their first Major League team as the Detroit Tigers called the Muskegon Reds their Class C home for the 1940-1941 seasons. Unfortuntely the league was halted for the war effort and the Muskegon Reds ended play. Professional baseball returned in the way of the All American Girls Professional Baseball League (AAGPBL). The Muskegon Lassies would take to Marsh Field from 1946-1950. They would share the ballpark with yet another incarnation of the Central League.