It was 1946 and WWII had come to an end, and the West Texas-New Mexico League was back in full swing. Nearly every league in the nation had suspended operations for 3 long seasons. The Hubbers however, had something even more significant to look forward to… a brand new ballpark. Hubber Field (which would become known as Sam Rosenthal Field and finally Odom Field in its later years) would make its debut on the intersections of Baylor, Auburn and Clovis… just two blocks Northeast of where Parris Field had been. The new facility was a long open grandstand with no roof, and held 5,263 very enthusiastic fans *Gord Brown, SABR. The Lubbock Hubbers had previously been a member of the Chicago White Sox organization but that Player Development Contract had expired before the war. With the renewal of the league came a new PDC in 1946. The Detroit Tigers signed the Hubbers to be their new Class C franchise.