This tiny little ballpark, served Professional Baseball for decades. It was home to the Blue Ridge League's Wytheville Pioneers, when it opened in 1948. They changed their name to the Statesmen in 1949, and remained with that league til 1950. In 1953 they joined the Appalachian League and received their first affiliation, aligning themselves with the St. Louis Browns for 2 seasons. After an off-year, the Statesmen came back in 1955 as an un-affiliated team. They dropped out again, for the 1956 season.
© Eric and Wendy Pastore