Photographs courtesy of David Clawson's www.Oldwestendtoledo.com

Construction began on Swayne Field in 1909 and was completed by July 3rd of 1909. It was a grand new ballpark for Toledo's West End, located on Detroit & Monroe Streets, replacing Armory Park which the Mudhens had used since 1897. The 12000 seat stadium would find itself at full capacity many times during its 47 year lifecycle.