Throughout most of Albany's baseball history (pre-Paul Eames Stadium), the team was exclusively a Class D Home to the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cardinals maintained a relationship with the city throughout multiple stadium/facility changes, and even the startups and shutdowns of the GFL itself. In 1938, Hugh Mills Stadium was completed and the Albany Cardinals moved out of this relatively new facility after only 4 seasons. This ballpark on Society, Monroe, Tift and Madison was torn down and these grounds now house Lincoln Magnet HS.